The overall goal of this award is to foster innovative research (outside of an established research program) that not only increases knowledge but has practical applications. The Bailey Award should allow faculty to devote time toward high-risk, high-impact research addressing emerging scientific, technical and/or societal problems resulting in practical applications and, in appropriate disciplines, extramural funding.
Applicants should submit proposals to the LAS College. Prior to submitting the full proposal, the PI should send an LOI containing the project title, a list of all co-PIs and departments of co-PIs departments, and all internal collaborators and departments of collaborators. The LAS College will forward one selected application to the VPR Office by November 1 each year.
- Eligibility: All full-time tenured associate professors and professors may apply for this award. Each award will be given to an individual, but she/he can have collaborators on the project.
- Award Amount: Up to $50,000 per year for up to three years.
- LAS Due Dates: LOI – September 21, 2019 Full Proposal – October 5, 2019
- Submission: LOIs and proposals should be submitted electronically to Julie Palmer.
- Full Program Details and Application Materials Information