The LAS Humanities Scholarship Enhancement Initiative is a research initiative designed to encourage and assist LAS humanities faculty seeking to enhance their scholarly productivity and impact by funding course releases awarded through a competitive process. Criteria for funding of LAS HSEI proposals will include evaluation of the merit of the research, its potential impact on scholarly productivity, and its alignment with one or more of the LAS College Signature Themes.
Interested faculty should prepare a proposal which includes verification that the investigator’s academic chair has approved the course release as well as a departmental cost-share commitment of at least $1,000 professional development funding in support of this specific effort.
- Eligibility: Tenure-eligible and tenured faculty conducting scholarship in a humanities discipline
- Award Type: Course release
- LAS Due Date: February 1, 2020
- Submission: Proposals should be submitted electronically to Julie Palmer.
- Full Program Details and Application Materials Information