Financial support for university-related travel to foreign countries, in some instances, may be obtained through the Foreign Travel Grant Program. Because funds in this program are limited, grants are awarded on a competitive basis and for no more than 75 percent of the least expensive round trip air fare between Des Moines and the individual’s destination or 75 percent of the lowest appropriate air fare between two destinations, whichever is less at the time the quote is obtained.
Applications are reviewed and grants are awarded three times a year. Award periods for 2018-2019 are:
- Round 1: Travel starting between November 5, 2018-June 30, 2019
- Round 2: Travel starting between March 1, 2019-October 31, 2019
- Round 3: Travel starting between June 3, 2019-January 31, 2020
FTG applications will be reviewed at the college level by the LAS Faculty Development Committee before being forwarded to the Faculty Senate Committee. Interested faculty should prepare the application, including the department chair’s signature, as well as a separate PDF copy of their CV. The dean’s signature will be obtained following the FDC’s review and recommendations.
- Eligibility: All faculty members.
- Award Amount: Awards will be 75% of the lowest appropriate round trip fares as quoted by an ISU Official Travel Agent, obtained by the Faculty Senate Office.
- LAS Due Dates:
- Round 1 – September 28, 2018
- Round 2 – January 11, 2019
- Round 3 – March 15, 2019
- Submission: Applications and a separate CV should be submitted electronically to Julie Palmer.
- Full Program Details and Application Materials Information