The LAS Research and Travel Grants program provides modest funding to support research or scholarly activities for tenured/tenure eligible faculty in the arts, humanities and social sciences who have limited opportunities to secure external research funding. Examples of the types of funding requests that will be considered include travel to present scholarly efforts or to conduct scholarly work, the purchase of small equipment or supplies, and hiring of undergraduates to assist in research activities.
The LAS Research and Travel Grants program will be offered twice per fiscal year. Proposals should be submitted through the department chair, acknowledging a cost share of at least 10% (template provided).
- Eligibility: Tenure-eligible and tenured faculty within the LAS College. Faculty are only eligible to receive one Research and Travel Grant per fiscal year. Department chairs are not eligible for these grants.
- Award Amount: Up to $1,250 for domestic conference travel, $1,750 for activities that directly support research, or $2,250 for international research/conference support.
- LAS Due Dates: Fall – October 1, 2019 Spring – February 15, 2020
- Submission: Proposals should be submitted electronically by the department chair to Julie Palmer.
- Full Program Details and Application Materials Information